Zgłaszane projekty powinny nawiązywać do przynajmniej jednego zakresu tematycznego:
1. Synthetic biology for the design and construction of new biological parts, devices, and systems, or re-design of existing, natural biological systems for useful purposes by use of e.g. (but not limited to) orthogonal bio-systems, regulatory circuits, minimal genome approaches and protocells.
2. Systems biology for optimisation of biological processes, including investigation of regulatory mechanisms in intra- and intercellular processes for bio-production, modelling, development of new computational methods and other new methodologies.
3. Use of bioinformatic tools (e.g. data standardisation, modelling, open repositories) for the identification and utilisation of metabolic pathways. Datasets can have different origins, e.g. appropriate datasets on genomics, phenomics, proteomics, metabolomics, transcriptomics etc.Mapping and exploitation of cellular processes and metabolic capacities for bio-production and for strain/variety improvement are also included.
4. Biotechnological approaches (possibly in combination with chemical ones) to transform bio-based building blocks into molecules with high added value in a sustainable way.
Tematyka obejmuje również biotechnologię przemysłową. Wnioski muszą dotyczyć jednego z opisanych poniżej zagadnień:
1. Sustainable production and conversion of different types of feedstocks and bioresources (including, but not limited to, waste and residues e.g. from households, agriculture, forestry, industrial by-products, alternative raw materials) into value-added products including new compounds e.g. for materials, chemicals, food/feed ingredients, flavours and fragrances, pharmaceuticals, biofuels, textiles or pulp/paper products.
2. New products, value-added products and supply services (e.g. bio-based materials, platform chemicals, pharmaceuticals, biomedical products, functional food/feed ingredients etc.) originating from novel metabolic pathways or pathway improvement. This also includes bio-catalytic elements like enzymes, microorganisms and cell-free biosynthesis systems from natural or synthetic origins.
3. Sustainable industrial processes: Upstream and downstream design, scale-up of biotechnological processes also including systems approaches to bioprocesses and process development; fermentation processes; usage of microbial consortia; intensification and/or integration in existing industrial processes; and development of innovative, environmentally sound industrial processes.
|Kraje partnerskie: Argentyna, Belgia-Walonia, Estonia, Francja, Niemcy, Izrael, Włochy, Łotwa, Holandia, Norwegia, Polska, Rumunia, Rosja, Słowenia, Hiszpania, Szwajcaria, Turcja, Wielka Brytania